Looking to give your hair a break from the demands of the hair straightening iron? This highlighted hair-do has waves added to the mid-lengths to ends then worn over one shoulder for a sexy look and feel best suited to compliment a long face. This is an easy hairstyle to re-create at home with the right tools and products and great for any occasion.
Suits oval, oblong and square face shapes with medium to thick hair density.
Styling time: 30 minutes ladies
Products: Using Xcessive Range: spherical hold cream/mousse, identity velcro putty wax, refinement serum and location arrangement hair spray
Styling tip: apply your smoothing shine to the top sections and then work it all the way down to the end to soften this style.
1. Apply spherical hold cream or mousse to damp hair, using your palm as a measuring guide and then evenly distribute it along the hair shaft. Styling mousse will add hold, create volume and can help achieve better results.
2. Part to the Left. You can choose to use the corner of your comb, find the middle of your left eye and then drag the comb straight up slowly until you reach your hairline and then continue back in a straight manner to achieve an even left part or just use your fingertips and zig zag your fingers through your hair on a side part to achieve a softer look. A side part is great for longer face shapes because it creates an illusion of width
3. Using a large radial brush on long straight hair types or to smooth out wavy or curly hair textures. When selecting a radial brush, always use one with a pure bristle as this will not tear or damage the hair.
4. Blow-dry the Back Under. To blow-dry under, start at the nape/back and place your brush under the section of hair close to the nape. With the dryer held up over the hair pull the brush from the roots and continue to the mid-lengths, keeping the blow-dryer following over the top. Once you reach the ends, curve them under. Repeat this step until the section is completely dry.
5. Blow-dry the Sides Under. To blow-dry the sides, take out a small section of hair from the front and clip the rest of the hair away. Next, [;ace the brush under the section and then pull the brush and hair forward around your face (this curving motion creates body). Place the hair-dryer on top of the brush until you reach the ends and then turn the ends under. Repeat until dry.
6. Place Medium Velcro Rollers in Hair. Take a section of hair no wider than the diameter of the velcro roller and comb it through to ensure there are no knots. Place the roller at the ends of the section of hair, being sure to smooth the ends under, and then twist the roller down the hair shaft to the roots. Continue applying the velcro rollers all the way through the entire hair for a full volume finish throughout the sides. Keep the rollers in your hair for about 20 minutes.
8. Apply a small amount of identity velcro putty wax to your fingertips and then lightly piece and pinch the ends of your hair.
9. Apply a very small amount of Refinement Serum to the palms of your hands and then run it through the mid-lengths and ends of your hair. Be careful not to add any to the roots or a large amount to any section of the hair as smoothing shine can be very heavy on the hair, weighing it down and making it appear oily.
10. To finish, apply a small amount of Location Arrangement Spray from an arms length distance to the top, sides and back. Take care not to use too much or your will end up with a white, flaky residue which looks like dandruff.